Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Orphanage Donations

After speaking with several other adoptive parents about orphanage donations, what I have learned is that the best way for friends and family to help is to make a monetary donation and then we buy supplies (like diapers or medicine) for the orphanage while we are in Russia (the money goes farther there and we also don't have to pay overweight fees at the airport for the extra luggage). We are also going to take some clothes and shoes (they all must be new and have the tags still on them). We are going to take clothes in sizes 6 mths to 4T, and infant and toddler shoes. Shoe Carnival marked down a bunch of shoes for me when I told them what they were for. I got 12 pairs for $3.oo a pair the other day. A friend of mine said not to take toys because she said the kids don't get to play with them, they are put up on shelves. What the kids really need are new clothes. If you'd like to help with orphanage donations, let me know, we'd appreciate all the help we can get. Thanks!

1 comment:

Dema said...

Susan,
I am so happy that your adoption is picking up pace. Your little girl will be home soon. It is so exciting to see God at work in all of this. Please let me know how I can make a donation.
Love ya,
Dema