Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Paperwork almost done

Well, I took yesterday afternoon off to go to our Psychiatrist Evaluation appointment and get our papers notarized. The appointment went okay, and the Dr. said he'd try to have our report done by Monday, so that's good. We had our medicals redone on Wednesday and Thursday and the Dr. said my blood pressure was a little high (hmm...I'm not under any stress or anything so I don't know why it would be high! Haha!). He messed up my forms, which I knew he would, so Chris took it back with him to his appointment and had it fixed. We are still waiting on my employment letter, our police clearances, our homestudy update, and new immigration approval (which I need the homestudy update to be able to apply). Maybe we'll have it done in time for a mid December court date, who knows?

On a happier note, Chris and I registered at Target for baby things. I kind of felt like an imposter though since I obviously wasn't pregnant. We put Dec. 25, 2007 as our arrival date, wishful thinking of course. The registry will be a good shopping list for us once we find out when we're traveling. We won't have to try to think so hard about what she'll need when we get her home.

I want to thank a couple of our friends, you know who you are, who have kindly donated $ towards the orphanage donation fee. We still have a long way to go, but your thoughtfulness and love for us is renewing my hope that God will provide what we need.

Here's another "non-identifying" photo for you to enjoy. She's checking out the toy cabinet. Oh, I miss her!!

1 comment:

Julie and Matt said...

Okay, I love the previous blog picture -- what a great bum shot!
Just thought I would check in -- I feel a little lonely out here waiting on Tula while everyone seems to be in Kras! Just wanted to see how your wait was going since we traveled the same time. here's looking to Christmas for a court date! Thanksgiving would be even better!
We turned our updated docs in last week (not nearly as many as you had) so the ball is in their court.
Julie -www.kourifamily.blogspot.com