Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One Year Ago

It was one year ago today that we received the call that would change our lives in ways we didn't even know yet. Standing in the middle of the teacher store, my cell phone rang and when I answered, our family coordinator said she getting Chris on the line and then that she had good news for us, a referral for a little girl born on December 5, 2005 named Darya and that she was beautiful. We raced home to see her pictures that were emailed to us. I could not get home fast enough! Then, since we have dial-up, we couldn't get the pictures to open fast enough either. So we went to my mom's house to tell her we had pictures of her grandaughter and we needed to use her computer to open them. She was thrilled! I will never forget the first moment that I saw the top of her head, then her eyes, then her little nose, and her perfect cute little mouth as the picture opened. She was ours, we knew immediately that we would be meeting our daughter soon and that she would be with us forever.

We love you Dasha!

No comments: