Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mistake or God Thing?

Well, I got a call on Friday from our mortgage company that controls our home equity line of credit (the way we are paying for our adoption costs at this point). They said that our card had been declined when the State Police used it to pay for our Criminal Records check. Anyway, after several lengthy phone calls with the company we found out that I had made a typo on the expiration date when I filled out the form, and the problem was not that the card had to be swiped, instead of keyed in (as the first lady that I spoke with told me). We then found out that there are lots of limitations on our card which will make it virtually useless for our adoption expenses. So Friday night, we spent about an hour and a half at the bank applying to have both our first mortgage and our home equity loan moved from our mortgage company to our bank. We will hopefully close on those this Friday.

So I really wonder, was it just a typo? Or did God specifically orchestrate that typo so that we would discover the problems with our home equity line of credit before it was too late (ie. we are in Russia trying to use the card to pay for something and can't)? I believe the latter is the case. Thank you God, for this mistake that you knew all along would be a blessing.

On a separate note, I really have concerns about the inner workings of the State Police Criminal Records Division. When I called them to inquire about the status of our paperwork since the card that we were using to pay for it was declined, they told me that they have so much paperwork come in that they simply cannot keep track of everyone that comes across their desk and that they do not keep a record of what they have received and returned. They said I'd just have to wait and see if it is returned to me. These are our tax dollars at work.

Russian word of the day: muh-lah-DYEHTS! "well-done/good job/atta-boy/atta-girl"

No comments: