Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Funny Walmart Story

On our last visit to Walmart, we had just run out of Cheerios to snack on so I knew I didn't have much time left. I was hurrying through the produce section trying to pick up our last few items. I put a bag of onions into the cart and for some reason Dasha decided that she had to have them. But I didn't want to give them to her because I was pretty sure they were going to get thrown across the store since that's usually what happens when we are out of Cheerios and patience. So she starts screaming at the top of her lungs "die, die, die," which any good Russian adoptive parent knows is just "gimme, gimme, gimme". Unfortunately, the shoppers at Walmart didn't know that and I found quite a few people staring at us probably thinking that I had a demon-possessed two year old telling me to die! Hmm, maybe throwing onions wouldn't have been so bad!

4 comments:

Lori said...

THat is a funny story!!!! I am glad to see you have updated:0) Keep it coming!

Julie and Matt said...

too funny!

Sherri said...

Taking the time to catch up with a few families. Love all the pictures. She is just precious!!!

Sherri said...

Susan,
Thanks for the tip on the word "die." I had no idea what it meant and now I am hearing it all the time!!! Praying for you!