Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Home Three Weeks, Settling In

Dasha loves to clean, I have never seen a two year old who loved to clean so much and is actually good at it! Here she is with my Swiffer mop, wearing her favorite purple hat (I had to wait until nap time to take the hat off, she cried everytime I tried to take it off!). Her great-grandma has since made her a tiny Swiffer of her own so we can clean together! This past weekend we took Dasha to the mall for her 1st American haircut. She did so well, sitting still for the stylist to cut her hair! Another cool thing, the stylist is an adoptive parent himself!
Dasha loves her "fluffy" outfit, I think it makes her look like a little Easter "chick".
The teacher in me is proud to say that Dasha loves to read books. Here she is sitting in her book basket before bedtime.
We're settling into a routine now and I can honestly say that I can't imagine not having her here with us. What in the world did we do with all that free time we used to have! It's going to be so hard to go to work and take her to the babysitter! I feel like we are just getting started on all that we need to do together to bond and grow as a family. At least summer is not too far off, two sweet months at home with our baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet! Jocelyn says to tell you that Dasha is cute, and she thinks we should come to see her so they can play together. She's been very interested in the pictures of the adorable little girl on the computer, and who she is, so I had to explain to her that Dasha is her new little cousin. She was very excited to hear that Dasha was born all the way across the world in Russia..."where Anastasia lives"!
We love you guys, give Dasha lots of kisses!

Carla