Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 07, 2006

Finally home after a long week

It has been a very long week. I left last Sunday for training about 2 and a half hours from home. The training was very good, and it was supposed to last all week. But Chris called Wednesday night with bad news about a family member, so I rushed home and we headed out for a 13 hour drive for a funeral. The funeral was beautiful and I know that she is now pain-free and living with her Savior. We got home last night. It was very good to be home last night, sleeping in our own bed.
I'm working on cleaning up today and getting laundry caught up. Chris dropped off our papers for apostille last week on Wednesday. The lady in the Secretary of State office was surprised to see him. She said they get 20-30 Fed-Ex packages a day, but no one ever comes in. She said we should get them back today or tomorrow, so I am anxiously awaiting the Fed-Ex truck so I can carry the papers to Staple's to copy them for our agency.
I think when we were going through all of those infertility prcedures and we had to wait so many times to see if they worked, God was preparing us for this wait coming up. What is so exciting is that at the end of this wait, there will be a beautiful little girl, not another negative pregnancy test. Praise the Lord!

No comments: